RE: two css questions

by "J.J.SOLARI" <jjsolari(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:42:48 +0200
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Mon, 15 Jun 2001 18:19 +0200, Mark Johnson wrote:

>IE 5 for Macintosh:
>
>I'm using a
>to position a graphic as a layer. The page looks good in all of my test
>browsers, except IE 5 for Macintosh. Has anyone run int similar
>difficulty with IE on the Mac? If it is helpful, the page I'm testing
is
>http://164.116.92.246. Thanks! Mark

Mark,

Mac IE5 here.
I checked above URL and the layout is OK, but I had a very strange
experience.

When you mouseover any of the footer links, the cursor would simply
vanish! Quite disturbing as one simply looses visual reference marks.

So I had a look at your stylesheet, where indeed there is a property
cursor:none for the selector a:hover. This is not valid CSS even if the
browser would accomodate it.

Convince yourself by going to:
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html> and type in
http://164.116.92.246/css/styles.css , your own stylesheet URI.