Re: new launch advice

by EmeraldSpirit <emerald_spirit(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Noteworthy Web Designs <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi!

Sorry I wasn't more specific.  I meant Yahoo! Sites.

As I've said before, I've done really well getting
high search rankings on new sites (top 10 many times,
top 30 on really popular key words), but taking a site
that already exists and getting higher rankings seems
to be a lot more difficult, especially in Yahoo!  I've
been working on this with the current site and have
gotten some of the primary key words to move up, for
example from 90th to 60th... but its still not nearly
close enough.

If you want into new catagories, it says to use the
change request form.  I do subscribe to
searchengines.com (BEST site for this kind of
information) and of course Yahoo doesn't have a very
good track record with the change request form which
proved out for me as well.  I don't know what else to
do.  Our CEO is hung up on getting high rankings in
Yahoo regardless where we are with any other sites
(even though he's been told that AOL and MSN have huge
market shares as well).  I can't even get Yahoo! to
reliably pick up that our company has changed company
names (from Executive Extension Inc to eei Solutions)
a year ago.  Most of the time we come up on the
searches it still shows the old name.

ARGH!  (BTW:  AOL and MSN, of course, have picked up
all the necessary changes)

Rebecca

--- Noteworthy Web Designs

=====