RE: name registration

by EmeraldSpirit <emerald_spirit(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:31:59 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Whatever you do, read the fine print.

I don't remember which registrar it was, but I was
looking at one that was really cheap (8 or $10) per
year.  However, when you read the fine print, it
became apparent that the registrar company actually
owns the domain and they are essentially 'renting' it
to you for a fee.  For obvious reasons I stayed far
away from this company.

However, there are lots of great deals out the for a
lot less than the $35 dollars of the more popular
ones.

Rebecca

> <snip>
>
> This may be a silly question:
>
> I see various advertisements for registering domain
> names for as low as $10
> per year and as much as $35.
>
> Can someone tell me what the difference is? Why
> would I choose to pay more?
> Is there an advantage to the higher price one?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nate </snip>

=====
Do while Project<>Completed