Re: Not so nice JS intruding on a computer without ones knowledge

by Kukla-Fran And-Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sat, 11 Aug 2001 20:22:31 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Nancy Whittley <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>
 Cc:  "'Hwg-Techniques \(E-mail\)'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry Nancy, you misunderstand.

I am only referring to the claim,

"As far as I am aware, FCC regulations require that all ISPs have an email address
of abuse@ or at the very least postmaster@ to receive and deal with complaints of
this nature."

After checking the FCC web site, including several searches, I failed to find any
information the FCC regulates abuse@ or Postmaster@ web addresses.  The FCC
generally leaves the Internet alone.  I asked the individual making the claim to
please provide a verifible source for the claim.  I doubt there is one.  Hence, my
comment it is probably an urban legend.