Re: I want to make one word Bold

by Kukla-Fran And-Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Darrell King <darrell(at)webctr.com>, woodyboi(at)mindspring.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ten points to Darrell and Woody for following the KISS principle.  Unless you have
several instances of this once-off change, forget the fancy-schmancy stuff and just
use <.strong>bold<./strong>.

It reminds me of the story of the kid who gathered up some walnuts and went to his
father asking how to crack them open.  The father, being an engineer, tried to
explain to his son the mechanics of cracking open the walnuts, the crushing pressure
needed, yadda, yadda. The kid's mother was in the kitchen, heard all this going on.
She grabbed a hammer out of the drawer, placed the walnuts on the floor and
proceeded to open every walnut with one sharp whack.

Here, take the hammer.  It's faster, easier and gets the job done.

Dennis