Re: Browsers - Was... Javascript usage in site

by "cbirds(at)earthlink.net" <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:52:01 -0500
 To:  <thewolves(at)bigfoot.com>
 Cc:  "HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Larry Coats hunted and pecked out this message on 1/1/2002 1:23 PM

>cbirds(at)earthlink.net wrote:

>> We are not even talking about the same Netscape here though, I don't
>> think.....
>> I also dislike/would never use the AOL 6 version, but use the original
>> Netscape, which the newest version of is 4.7.8.
>

>It's been awhile since AOL took over Netscape. I think that Netscape was
>at about version 4.5 or maybe 4.6 when that happened. So the releases
>since then have been AOL releases. ;-)

Only the numbers from 6 though, since there are two separate browsers,
which I know is confusing. Maybe this is why people think AOL's Netscape
is the only one and it isn't.
There is the 6.x one that AOL is doing that you are talking about, and
then the 4.7.8 which JUST now came out, a few weeks ago. That one is
still being developed and really you should give it a try. Works great
for me.