RE: GIF Optimizers?

by Susan Vollmer <susanvollmer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Feb 2002 04:30:55 -0800 (PST)
 To:  "'Maria's Place'" <maria(at)coachmaria.com>,
"'Hwg-Techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

I found that Fireworks, which is part of the
Dreamweaver studio package, was quicker for me to
learn than PhotoShop.  (Although Fireworks didn't
offer all of the special filters that PhotoShop has.)

Other software packages may offer this like the newer
PhotoShop but Fireworks 3.0 (older version and
probably newer too) lets you preview how the image
will appear, gives you the file size and an estimated
download time before you actually save the optimized
file.  I found this very helpful when trying to decide
if I should make something a gif or jpg.  It also lets
you toggle to preview how your image may appear on a
Mac vs. PC.

Again, other packages may offer this, and I just
haven't used them to know.

Best regards,
Susan