Re: Second try - Site not viewable for client

by Susan Vollmer <susanvollmer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:33:52 -0800 (PST)
 To:  "N. Whittley" <nwhittley(at)cinci.rr.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Nancy,

I was able to view the site fine with I.E. 5.0,
Windows 2000.

I don't know if your situation is similar to what I
encountered recently or not.  When I couldn't view a
site I was responsible for, I recently sent it to the
list here and about 2/3 of the people who responded
could see it and about 1/3 could not.

Through some helpful suggestions and checking, I found
out that when I switched web hosts, I had listed 3
servers.  The third server was actually with the
former host, and I just left it on during the
transition.  I meant to take it off, and just forgot
about it.  The first two servers listed were correct.
When I removed the third server reference which was
inacurrate, I could see the site again.

Network Solutions shows your servers as:

   Domain Name: NWGUTTERTOPPER.COM

   Domain servers in listed order:
      NS.NEWDREAM.NET
      NS2.NEWDREAM.NET

You might check with your web host provider to make
sure that is still accurate.

Best regards,
Susan