RE: htaccess redirect of multi pages to multi destinations

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:20:51 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Brian V Bonini <b-bonini(at)cox.net>,
HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me because the file names and
paths are not the same.

In the past, I had to move all files out of the "/sos/" directory (!!)
into the root directory. I now have an .htaccess file in the /sos/
directory doing what you suggested.

However, my current (mistake?) situation is that I've made most of the
files into SHTML files  ** and** I've moved files into new directories
** and ** changed some file names. I'm trying to fix a directory
structure that made some sense when we were using frames. :-)   So
"/product/prices/body/mac.html" has now become "/prices/index.shtml" or
whatever.

If all else fails, I'll make a bunch of redirect files, but the
.htaccess solution would be better for the customers and for me, and
would be _so_ much  more elegant.

Thanks!

=====