Re: wheel mice and forms

by jalal <the_jalal(at)fastmail.fm>

 Date:  Sat, 24 May 2003 18:46:55 +0200
 To:  "Paul Roberts" <hwg(at)roberts200025.freeserve.co.uk>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Sat 24 May 2003 16:51, Paul Roberts wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a form with a select option box of countries, it seems that if you
> make a selection the box keeps focus, so if the user tries to scroll then
> the options get changed. i.e
> <select name="test">
>                 <option value="1" SELECTED>aaaaaa</option>
>                 <option value="2">bbbbb</option>
>                 <option value="3">cccccc</option>
>                 <option value="4">ddddd</option>
> </select>
>
> the option box is a list of countries which shipping prices are worked out
> from, he user clicks say USA then scrolls and changes it to Algeria without
> noticing and so is billed incorrectly.
>
> has anyone else run up against this, is there anything i can do about it.

I t depends on the browser. Some do, some don't...

As a web designer, I think there is little you can do about it. You could, I
guess, try and shift focus after a selection is made, but I'm not sure that
would be worth the trouble.

Regards, jalal

--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E