Re: Mind Boggling problem in Netscape

by "Sunil Bahl" <QandA(at)SunMatrix.com>

 Date:  Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:19:27 -0400
 To:  "WebWizzard" <ztog(at)ztog.com>
 Cc:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Everybody,

> I run IE 6.0.2800, updated at it can be.
> The rollovers load very slowly, and
> you need to upload the pages behind the mouseover for us to check them.

I checked the page in IE 5 and 6.0.2800. It works beautifully in both. It
also works in Netscape 7 (in Windows XP).

I also managed to figure out why the rollovers were not working in Netscape
4.7. it's because the rollovers were in layers. the moment i converted the
layers into tables, it started working. But then my layout went for a toss.
So I am sticking with the layers.

As long as there are no errors in netscape, we can live without the
rollovers in version 4.7 (works in 7 though  :-)) as nobody in my office or
in any of our other offices use netscape. And if by chance somebody does
download Netscape, they will download version 7. And it works in that, so no
problem. ;-)

> Now
> when I click on them, I get the error, "this page can't be displayed" for
> every button.

Cause I never uploaded more than 1 page. (now i have removed it as the
problem has been solved)

Thanks to everyone who wrote in.

God Bless.

Cheers,
Sunil.

SunMatrix: "You dream it and it will be created"
*A Web Site, Graphic Design and Flash Media Showcase*
http://www.SunMatrix.com