Re: Need Help!

by ClassAct <classactdesign(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:46:00 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Everyone,

I solved the problem. Here's one solution. In order to
get rid of the gap between tables, CSS2 has a
particular attribute called "line-height:" whose value
I set to "0". I added it to both top tables and got
rid of the gap in Netscape 6 but it created another
problem.
All text in the table cells were almost hidden. In
order to fix this I again added the "line-height:"
with a value of 2 and added this particular class to
the table cells overridding the class set for the
table. In order to line it up correctly, I also had to
increased the size of the bullet.
This did the trick for both IE and NN. However, Opera
6 displays a mess. In part because it doesn't
recognize the table's background images.
If anyone has other suggestions, let me know.
Thank you Terry for your suggestion. My question was
related to gaps between tables and not between table
cells.
And to Bridgitte, I had included the marginheight and
marginwidth code in the body tag and, respectively, in
the CSS. The code in the style sheet is as follows:
margin, margin-top:, margin-left: and so on. None of
them worked. Thank you for helping out though.

Nora
________________________________
>From Terry Goode:

remove all the &nbsp; from any location that has a
"</td>" or even a " "
then a td, that normally works for me
Terry G.

>From Brigitte Schneider
Nora
in your css I do not see marginwidth and marginheight.

Specifically for NS you need that  set to 0. Try it,
good luck.
Brigitte

Original Message: From ClassAct
classactdesign(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I'm frustrated.

How do I eliminate the gap between tables? IE displays
the page just fine but NN 6+ creates a gap between
tables.. I've tested different CSS attributes but no
luck ...

Please see
http://home.earthlink.net/~classact-design/gg/test4.htm

Nora