Re: Anyone got an effective anti-spam and anti-virus regime?

by Kevin Waterson <kevin(at)oceania.net>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:15:59 +1000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
This one time, at band camp, cbirds <cbirds(at)earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yep he's living in la-la land, especially if he uses a PC, everyone is
> at risk.
> I am not affected by the viruses but they still come to my mailbox as
> spam and are a PITA to delete them in any case.

I think with reference to the virus problem he may consider moving away
from Microsoft Software. Whilst other systems are not impervious to
attacks from worms etc, there is less chance of of a blast.exe type
of scenario.

The problem with anti-virus methods is they can only be implemente
after the fact by companies such as Norton.

For SPAM I use sendmails access file for most of it and I get about
10 per day also, I consider this good protection but at the expense
of blocking large blocks of IPs.

Kind regards
Kevin

--