Re: Mailing list program/s

by jalal <the_jalal(at)fastmail.fm>

 Date:  Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:47:59 +0200
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Fri 2 July 2004 20:25, Doris Kyburz wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are helping a  local non-profit with their web site. In the
> process we realized that it would be very good if they had an email
> newsletter sent out a couple of times a year.
>
> I have looked into programs and also searched the hwg list archives
> and found PHPlist recommended.
>
> My programmer would like to know whether there are other recommended
> programs out there.
>
> An important feature is certainly the ability to
> subscribe/unsubscribe by the user.
>
> Are there other important issues to be careful with?
>

> Thanks a bunch for taking the time,
>
> :: doris

Well, this thread is certainly wandering all over the place...

Sending out newsletters:
I've written my own scripts to do it, I've installed and used commercial and
freeware programs to do it. And I've come to the conclusion it is simpler and
cheaper to get another company to do it. i use Vertical Response
(www.verticalresponse.com) for our newsletters, but I'm sure there are other
companies that do similar.

cheers
jalal

--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E