RE: ASP Includes on pages

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:23:45 -0700
 To:  dmb(at)mokee.com hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Rebecca.Campbell(at)trustvesta.com
  todo: View Thread, Original

Rebecca et al,

Hmmm ... I can't argue with success, but I tried doing something
like this once and ran into precisely the problem that was mentioned
- that INCLUDE is processed before the .ASP code in the page
is executed. According to the MSKB article referenced below,
MS has introduced the Server.Execute method in IIS 5.0 specifically
to deal with this problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q224/3/63.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=ssi&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=ASP

David Clapper
Vice-President & Chief Architect
Clio Associates
70 Pavilion St.
Rochester, NY 14620 USA
Voice: +1.716.442.5407
Fax: +1.716.442.5993
Cell: +1.716.259.3699
e-mail: dclapper(at)clioassociates.com
PGP public key ID: 0xC67E9E98

ASP code. So all
>includes on the page would be loaded before any ASP code was
run? Haven't
>tried it yet, but something in the back of my mind tells me
that is so. Most
>likely you would have to go with a FileSystem Object and stream
the code in
>through that... HTH...
>
>Darren Benfer (dmb(at)mokee.com)
>Mokee Computer Technologies LLC
>www.mokee.com | 877-801-1343

  dim q = request.querystring
	select case q
	  case "about"  %>
>	    <!-- #include file="about.html" -->
>	  <% case "contact" %>
>	    <!-- #include file="contact.html" -->
>	  <% case else %>
>	    <!-- #include file="main.html" -->
>	<% end select
%>

>hth,
>rebecca
>http://www.nerdygirl.com

Filesystem
>object
>
>My personal preference is either the first if you don't want
a database;
>the
>second one if you also want easy control over the actual content
through
>GUI for example.  Though that's a whole other thing.
>

>- Kayjey -

 Now, I