RE: Kehvan's ASP

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:02:47 -0700
 To:  wulin(at)netzero.net hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello Craig,

At the risk of sending you to where you've been already:

You might want to look at LearnASP at http://www.learnasp.com
.  Charles has parcelled topics into neat little chunks, and
classified them (including a Beginner's group).

If you want a text, you might want to try Wrox's Beginning Active
Server Pages.

Secondly, I can speak of how I learned ASP.  I already knew Visual
Basic and database technologies, so a lot of the concepts were
familiar to me.  I found an application to build and went from
there.  As I built more applications, I better learned the technology
and "best practices" (and I'm still learning!).

HTH.  Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

I forgot who)
>'s question about Java & JavaScript. Your answer brought some
complex things
>into a more layman's light.
>
>On a project that I am working, I just recently created ASP
files by
>basically cutting and pasting HTML into pre-created ASP code.
I did note at