Re: Access database

by Melanie Gann <mgann(at)second-street.com>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:51:34 -0400
 To:  Mamie <seller(at)sellerdoor.com>,
hwg-tech <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can also use Cold Fusion to access the access database, but you'll need
a server that supports it. I've not found a satisfying online tutorial for
this though.

But it is very easy to write. Ben Forte's "SkillBuilding with Cold Fusion"
is an easy read to get started.

Regards,
Melanie

At 10:54 AM 8/11/00 -0400, Mamie wrote:
>I have a client who keeps his sales leads in an Access database
>locally on his PC.  What he would like to do is:  Have prospects
>complete a form on his web site, generate Access records to be
>stored on the server, download the Access file from the server and
>then merge this smaller Access file into his main Access file on
>his PC.  I think this is do-able, and although I'm familiar with
>working with Access on a local PC, I don't know how to interface
>with the server to set up an Access database there.  Can anyone
>direct me to a tutorial or other help sites to get this
>information?  Thanks all!

Melanie Gann
Second Street Web Design
www.second-street.com