Re: Path to perl?

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:45:19 -0600
 To:  "cbirds(at)earthlink.net" <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>,
"HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Jane!

If you have telnet access to your web server, just go the the telnet
prompt, and type: "which perl" (without the quotation marks, of course).
You should get a response something like "usr/bin/perl". Then, go back into
your UBB script and enter this path into the very first line. There is
probably one already there, so just replace whatever path statement is on
the first line of the script with what you received when you queried the
server: e.g.

replace:	 "#!usr/local/bin/perl"
with	  "#!usr/bin/perl"

Remember that this must go on the first line of the script, with no leading
or trailing spaces, and it must be followed by a blank line in the script.

HTH,

Mike