RE: CSS Font Sizes and Macs

by Romek <zylla(at)ck-sg.p.lodz.pl>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:20:20 +0000
 To:  "Phil Babcock" <pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:50 29-09-00 -0400, you wrote:
>On 29/09/2000 at 8:12 AM Michael Heliker wrote:
>>actually...it's the other way around. Macs display at 72 dpi, and pcs at
>96.
>>We did some tests here at work to confirm this.
>

>Are you SURE about that?  I always thought it was PC's at 72 and Mac at
>96...  How did you test this?

  I am not kidding. =20
  Make square image 72px width and height.
  View it on your Mac.
  Get a ruler and measure the square on the screen.
  If it has an inch  vertically and horizontally
  then the resolution of your screen is 72 dpi.
  DPI  means  dot per inch -  you can translate it
  to  pixels per inch.
  And BTW  Mac was probably the first WYSIWYG system
  which meant:  what (size) you see on the screen
  should be exactly the same (size and shape) on printout.

  Windows on PC is not (in this respect) WYSIWYG system.

--
Romek
      ~~~~ PeCetologia to nauka doswiadczalna =A9 ~~~~