RE: SSI

by Zachary Johnson <zachary(at)zacharyjohnson.com>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:07:24 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tim,

I personally use the Win32 version of Apache on my Win98 machine.  You can
check it out at: http://www.apache.org

Apache has the greatest marketshare of all server programs, it's fully
featured, and it's FREE.  Can't beat that.

It runs as a DOS app.  I made a shortcut in my Start folder, and have it
run minimized.  Then, I forget about it.

It requires few resources, so don't worry about it being requiring a huge
machine to run.  The only you have to remember, is that you need to use the
I.P. address 127.0.0.1 or the under the name localhost to access your server:

	e.g. http://127.0.0.1/ or http://localhost/

Other than that, you need to do nothing other than download it and run the
setup.  It's a snap!

good luck

Zack