Re: Java Scripts

by Kyle Matthews <jits(at)ihug.co.nz>

 Date:  Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:17:40 +1300
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:39 AM 1/10/00 -0800, you wrote:
>At 08:59 am 10/01/2000 -0500, SDJThorin wrote:
>>         <SCRIPT SRC="/Scripts/yourscript.js" LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>>
>>But it doesn't always seem to work correctly, so I use the first
>>method.
>>
>>         *** Does anyone know why this shouldn't always work? ***
>Because you need a ./ (dot slash) not just a / to target a folder from the
>root.
>And sticking all you scripts in one Script folder is a good idea. Easier to
>keep track
>of them.

actually, the likely structure for a user account on a unix box is:

/home/username/public_html/scripts/yourscript.js

using "/...." isn't a reference to "public_html/", it's most likely a
reference to the actual root directory of the server, or the root directory
of your account ("/home/username/").

try "/public_html/scripts/yourscript.js", or
"/home/username/public_html/scripts/yourscript.js", depending on the exact
way your server is set up, and the structure of the useraccounts.

Kyle