RE: How to: "Click Here to Bookmark this Page"

by susie <susie(at)execpc.com>

 Date:  Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:16:16 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<script LANGUAGE="javascript">
//This code is for IE v4 or better
if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" &&
navigator.appVersion >= "4.0")
{document.write("<u><span STYLE='color:blue;cursor:hand;'
onClick='window.external.AddFavorite(location.href, document.title);'>Add
nameofyoursite  to your favorites</span></u>")}
//This code posts text if not
else
{document.write("Hit CTRL-D to bookmark this page")}
</script>

when viewed with Netscape it says Hit CTRL-D to bookmark this page
when viewed with IE it's clickable and says Add somethingorother to your
favorites.