Re: Webpage havoc with anti-virus programs.

by faucet(at)earthlink.net

 Date:  Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:34:07 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Personally had to change virus programs because one started reporting
"virii" that were recognized parts of programs I've had on my HD for years.
This was jst after a "latest update." Also had a friend's "friend" install
Norton Internet Security for that friend and then her Internet connection
as well as her email program and browser stopped working. Only remedied by
a complete removal of the Norton program.

A thought occurred: are the virus creators just getting so clever that they
are making their little contributions so much like legitimate programs that
the poor befuddled virus detectors can't cope?

Scarey!