RE: RE: Web page development question

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:00:29 -0700
 To:  kpollara(at)home.com
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

This is (as you no doubt found) a result of using frames.  Depending
on one's point of view (see Jakob Nielsen's "Why Frames Suck
Most of the Time" at http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9612.html),
it's a major problem or a major blessing.  (I personally find
it a major problem.)

David Clapper
Vice-President & Chief Architect
Clio Associates
70 Pavilion St.
Rochester, NY 14620 USA
Voice: +1.716.442.5407
Fax: +1.716.442.5993
Cell: +1.716.259.3699
e-mail: dclapper(at)clioassociates.com
PGP public key ID: 0xC67E9E98

I wanted to
>link to specific pages at www.blues.org on our site.  If you
go to this page
>http://www.blues.org/ibc/2000/  and click on any link on this
page, the url
>doesn't change.  In order for me to link to internal pages in
this directory
>I had to view source to see what the page names really were.
 I was
>wondering how this is done.
>
>I happen to think this is a stupid idea that discourages linking.
 I am sure
>they do this to gain control over how folks enter their site,
but it is
>futile.  Anyone with a tiny bit of knowledge of html can get
the file names
>and link to the pages of their choice, which is exactly what
I did.