Re[2]: Body Margins

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:18:16 -0500
 To:  Jay Smith <jay(at)JaySmith.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
><Jay>
> My concern about using a table to contain the _entire_ page, as Nathan
> mentions, is that in Netscape it can mean that the browser waits until
> it has received _everything_ before it renders the page.  If the pages
> are big (like mine tend to be), that can make it seem like the
> transfer has stalled and the reader might go elsewhere.

Only a personal thought... but I would say, make 'em smaller. Big
pages take longer to download, and our attention spans don't seem to
get longer as time goes by... ;-)

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
  Web: www.nathanlyle.com

"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." - Cato the Elder (234-149 B.C.)