Re[2]: Formmail and spam attack

by Olena Drozd <olena(at)drozd.org>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:17:17 +0300
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org,
Tenley Shewmake <ts(at)awebresource.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sure. One can include bogus "reply to", though not with public
e-mail-servers - theirs SMTP won't handle any mail which goes with
"from" address same as registered.

Still. One can use his/her own server. But one can simply track
spammer this way (just by taking a look at the "way" of the message).

There is one more possibility. One can crack someone else's private
server and use it to send spam with different "RT" and "From" fields.
This way all stones will fall on two innocent heads - server's and
e-mail addresses' owners.

All the best,
Olena

--