Re[2]: on a table or other method

by Rob Prentice <rob(at)4-i-s-t.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:24:47 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

topmargin and left margin are IE tags, and marginwidth and
marginheight are Netscape tags.

im very sure there is no rightmargin unles its an IE only thing.

to get the image to fit flush against the right hand side it to make
the table 100%. Or to right align the image outside of the table. the
problem is, is that the browser quite often leaves a margin on the
right for the scroll bar. or, matbe place it in a layer? not sure if
you can get a layer to always fit right against the right margin.
well... there is but most probably uses javascript. (i might be
wrong).

the only other way to make sure there is no gap along the right is to
open a window using javascript and turn off the scrollbars. but that
makes it awkward for pages that need them.

seeing as you are using a table that is a fixed width, maybe make the
logo a background image and carry the lines on further. make it into a
gif, it wont be a large file size and you can make the size of it on
the screen pretty large so it wont repeat obviously.

hope that helps.

Take care,
 Rob.

------- http://www.4-i-s-t.co.uk/ -------