RE: ummm...

by "Arcady"<arcady(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:21:15 GMT
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>> will older or newer
>> browsers choke on the unrecognized code?

>If you use both of those together (CSS and <font> tags), then with IE and
>other browsers that do CSS I don't know what will happen
In any browser which supports CSS the CSS will overrule any font tags, or other
tags it redefines.

For insatnce:

will in a CSS browser make this <p> tag work like a <br> tag. It overrides the
older default rules.

Likewise:

<head>
BODY, TD {
  font-family: Verdana, Arial;
  color: #000000;
}
</head>

In a CSS browser you'll get 'test' displayed black with the Verdana font. In
and older browser it will display red with Helvetica.