Re: Hackers

by "Arcady"<arcady(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:06:51 GMT
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>The statement you referred to in my post, was me using my own
>words to repeat what "someone else" had said. The question mark
>at the end referred to the fact that the term "Hackers" as
>applied to people of today, means something totally different
>than it used to. And maybe these people should re-visit the
>history of what a real Hacker did.

Unfortunately the modern english dictionary is written by the likes of Stevin
Speilburg and his industry in collaboration with Oprah Winphrey and Sam Donaldson's
writers.

And unfortunately they've managed to change the definition of the term Hacker.
As long as the public sees the word Hacker as the kind of people who write computer
viruses then in effect that is what the term will mean.