Re: scrolling tickers.

by "Philip Drew" <cybertech(at)esatclear.ie>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:29:21 GMT
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mike,

The best one I've found to date is free and pretty customisable.  It allows
you to enter the info required in a .txt file which means anyone can update
it. It also allows you to use an URL link from a section of the text which is
cool.

You can get it at:
http://www.governor.co.uk/applets.html

Regards
>Despite my protests, I am now required to find a whiz-bang Java ticker
>that's fully customizable and allows us to place information of our
>choosing.
>
>To those of you experienced in these abominations, can you suggest what
>you feel is the absolute best ticker you can get for little or no
>money?  If there's a fee that's fine.  The two we're currently looking at
>come from codebrain.com and another from newsclicker.com
>
>My biggest concern has always been performance, and also the fact that IE
>6 doesn't come with Java by default.  If there are non-Java tickers you'd
>also like to suggest, I'm open to those as well.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Philip Drew M.C.P.
5 Kilbreena Road,