Re: PHP/MySQL on WinNT (was: Win98 vs Win2000)

by "Philip Drew" <cybertech(at)esatclear.ie>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:43:14 GMT
 To:  Klaas De Waele <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>,
"'Darrell'" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
"'HWG-Techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Klaus,

I had a lot of trouble trying to manually set up Apache, PHP & MySQL on Win2k
& WinME.  The way I found was the easiest to set all of this up was to download
a pre-configured bundle with everything in it and it was up and running straight
away.  I downloaded the PHPdev4 bundle from firepages at http://www.firepages.com.au/devindex.htm.
All you have to do after downloading it is unzip it to the C:\ drive and then
move the php.ini to your system directory as per the installation instructions.

HTH.
Philip
>> That
>> machine is running Win2k with updates, Apache, MySQL and PHP4
>> and it is only
>> a Pentium 266 with 64 megs of RAM.
>
>Was just going over some new assignments this morning as I saw one that
>requires the use of MySQL and PHP.  I'll soon have to kearn PHP that means

>(used ASP till now).
>
>Now... facts:
>Am running IIS 4 with latest patches on NT4
>MySQL website will have to run on Linux 2.4 with PHP 4, Apache and MySQL
>Don't have a computer neither the time to quickly set up a Linux dist at
>work.
>
>So I figure:
>Will set up MySQL and PHP4 on IIS 4
>Will have no difficulties, just transfer pages and database straight to
>Linux server later
>
>But...
>is this the right way?
>is the assumption of having no problems for the transfer right?
>Any locations where a user group resides on the net and can give useful
>help?
>Will MySQL/PHP run nice on IIS 4?
>

>All suggestions appreciated.
>

>- Kayjey -