RE: CHEAPO hosting??

by "Philip Drew" <cybertech(at)esatclear.ie>

 Date:  Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:19:13 GMT
 To:  "Darrell" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can save on hosting if you have a machine running any of the MS operating
systems.  I installed all the required software - Apache, Perl, PHP & MySQL
as part of a bundle available free from http://www.firepages.com.au/devindex.htm
. All you have to do after downloading it is unzip it directly to the C:\ drive
root and copy the php.ini file from the bundle to the windows directory.

Very quick and painless in my opinion plus saves you money.

Regards,
Philip

>Both Perl and MySQL also have Windows binaries that can install easily on
>your local Windows box, as does Apache.
>
>http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/?_x=1
>http://mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html
>http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/
>
>PHP can also be installed with the Win32 binary from http://php.net.
>
>I haven't heard of the host you mention (figured I should answer your
>questions since you had to wade through all this unsolicited advice!)

Philip Drew M.C.P.
5 Kilbreena Road,
Dunboyne,
County Meath,