RE: classes not cooperating

by lead(at)sunshineband.org (Lead)

 Date:  Fri, 07 Jan 2000 19:27:41 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:37 PM 1/7/00 -0800, Rebecca Campbell wrote:
>ah ha!  i didn't know what the problem was until i got chuck's message.  the
>problem is this: in IE, if you have a visited link, the hover won't work.
>hover colors only work on unvisited links, afaik.  if there's a way around
>this, i suppose it would have something to do with not defining visited
>links, or using graphics and onmouseovers, but i haven't really looked into
>it too much.

Not true. I have a number of sites using css, and even on IE hover works,
visited or not. Sometimes, I think, the ORDER in which the classes are
defined on your style sheet affect how they work. Try moving them around.
Specifically, I put mine in the following order: link, visited, active,
hover. I have them set up this way on an active site that works fine.
http://www.sunshineband.org