Re: Databases

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:21:03 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

At 04:17 PM 02/24/2000 -0500, Jeremy Brown wrote:
>I don't how many of you have been following the development of Netscape
>5, but it will require you to use the </option> and </li> tags.  It also
>requires tags that do not normally have ending tags (ie <br> ) to be
>written as <br />.
>
>I can try to find the url's I have on this if anyone else is interested.
>
>Jeremy Brown
>
>Rob Atkinson wrote:
>
>> "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I might be wrong here, but I think this will only work in IE.
>> For NN you
>> also have to close each option with a </option>  like this:
>>
>> <SELECT>
>> <OPTION SELECTED>item one</option>
>> <OPTION>item two</option>
>> <OPTION>item three</option>
>> </SELECT>
>>
>> Or am I clinging to an old rule that's outmoded now?
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Both </OPTION> & </LI> are pass=E9 and have been since HTML 3.0.
>> I've had no trouble leaving them out, when using any Browser 3.x
>> or higher or WebTV. I don't know how this works in a Text only
>> Browser, as I don't cater to that type of Browser.
>>
>> Mind you, I use Windows and would be interested in hearing from
>> any Mac users as to how this effects their Web pages. I haven't
>> had any negative feedback on my pages, but you never know.
>>
>> Website Rob
>> ---------------
>> Helping People Create
>> A Potent Web Site

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html