Re: I want to get away from frames

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:15:21 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Darrell ...and others :)

>One reason would be if the application has an integral role in the site's
>organization.  For instance, some of the sites I manage were created using
>the Template tools of Dreaweaver.  I don't require freelancers to use DW, as
>long as they have the brains to look for the comments in the source that
>mark the editable regions.  Still, it can help them to avoid making
>mistakes.  Changes to a restricted region of a file just dissappear when run
>through the DW update...not always with a positive impact on what's
>left...:).

Well now, yes, that *does* make sense and I guess when you are playing in
someone else's playground, bringing your own slipperydip is not the
"norm"... :)))))))

<snip>

>You mentioned that you are freelance, so I assume you provide your own
>tools...this precludes the situation in which you need to work with what's
>installed on an onsite machine.  It also uses up my list of reasons that is
>should matter...:).

</snip>

I think I kinda bundled two different situations into one there. I can
understand and appreciate the need to use installed programs on an onsite
job, but as you suggest, off-site, it shouldn't matter a jot as long as the
person has the brains to follow the yellow brick road :)

<snip>

>That being said, I do recommend Dreamweaver and HTML-Kit when asked.

</snip>

*sigh*...looks like I'll take another look at Dreamweaver then...nothing
like a challenge... :)

<snip>

>I'm willing to bet that some of those notices you saw were written by people
>who don't really know much about the subject...and that they'd be
>negotiable.

</snip>

I live in hope but I also wonder if by my saying that I don't use
Dreamweaver, in particular, that I will be dismissed out of hand as being
incapable of doing the job and I suspect that in a lot of cases, that might
be so.

Gee, don'tcha just hate it when people throw even more common sense and
logic into the equation ? LOL

Kym

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html