Re: Jaggies

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 09 Mar 2000 21:40:07 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Thanks Virginia..I think I have it licked now, but I'll bear that in
mind..it's along the lines of what I was doing except that once it looks
pretty clean,  I invert, convert it to an object and then drag it to where
it's going to go and add the shadow and that seems to be working pretty
well right now :)

Kym

At 01:28 AM 03/09/2000 -0600, Virginia Blalock wrote:
>At 12:24 PM 3/9/00 -0600, Kym Jones wrote:
>

>>I have tried using blurring the edge with the blur tool in PhotoImpact and
>>that's long winded and not terribly successful either although using the
>>button designer with a bevel of 1 does smooth it out quite a bit it's just
>>not quite enough.
>>
>>Is there a way in PSP to smooth out the bottom edge without the pattern in
>>the graphic deteriorating/blurring and without me attacking the darned
>>thing pixel by pixel and going crosseyed ?
>
>In general I have been mostly successful doing this: select your graphic,
>then contract your selection by x pixels( the x being how many pixels you
>think the jaggies are taking up) and then feather by that same number of
>pixels. Then I usually copy and then paste as a new image. Then try and
>apply your shadow.
>

>Virginia's Visions
>http://www.visionsnet.com

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html