Re: password protected webpages

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:37:16 +0930
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

At 11:43 AM 04/06/2000 +1000, Christie Cooksey wrote:
>I love that "No Right-Click" script.  I use it just to annoy....
>but how do you think "I" got it. *grin*

I'm sorry Christie but I just *have* to comment on your "I use it just to
annoy..."

I sincerely hope that you were not serious because any web
designer/developer that does anything that they even *think* will
annoy/irritate a visitor to their site is guaranteed to lose
business...sure, you want to protect your work and watermarking is a good
way to go. Every graphic on your site, once visited is in the visitor's
cache anyway so I'm not sure what you achieve with the disabled right click
anyway.

Actually, to be honest..and I hope not too brutal, I was more irritated by
window that just would *not* go away when I visited your site...but then
that's just me...I don't like having stuff thrust in my face when I'm
trying to look at something in particular.

It behoves us to remember that we are all operating on an international
scale and can not afford to be parochial in our outlook or our speech.

I'm sorry if this sounds/looks like a flame...I sure don't intend it that way.

Kym

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html