Re: Netscape 6 -- slightly off topic

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:39:10 +0930
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Well you can call me stupid too...I did the same thing and I can't find it
either...but after what I'm hearing, I'm not sure that I want it LOL

Kym

At 12:24 AM 04/10/2000 -0700, Frank Masotti wrote:
>Call me stupid, however I have been to the Netscape download sit and I can't
>seem to find netscape 6 the latest version there is 4.72. So the question
>is, where did you all get a hold of it?
>Frank Masotti
>
>Darryl Riser wrote:
>
>> 23:29 9 Apr 00,
>> On a morning from a Bogart movie, Lead wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone know if I can run Netscape from the primary machine over my
>> > network if it's installed to a secondary machine? Anyone had troubles
>> > with this? I can't really install it on my primary machine, since it's
>> > hard drive is full. The install seemed to go very well, but when I go
>> > to start the program, I get nothing after the smallish box saying
>> > Netscape 6.
>>
>> How long did you wait? On my machine, you wait about 30 seconds after
>> you decided Netscape 6 is hopelessly locked up on the splash screen
>> and then the program begins. Granted I have a prejudice against NS,
>> but this annoyed me so much I don't care what the rest of the program
>> can do.
>>
>> <begin rant>
>>
>> It does seem to handle style sheets a little better but the e-mail
>> and newsreader is still the worst on the market. And it appears from
>> my brief testing you still have to used clunky coding to make tables
>> and frames appear properly.
>>
>> Wonder who they'll sue when they find out only the 25% of pc users
>> who are fantatical Bill Gates haters will use this piece of junk? I
>> honestly wonder sometimes if the people who design Netscape have
>> actually sat down and tried to use within the last few years. If they
>> aren't careful WebTV and I-Opener are going to pass them.
>>
>> <end rant>
>>
>> Seriously, though, I honestly thought my pc had frozen waiting for
>> the splash screen to go away but it turns out Netscape is apparenty
>> designed to have it stay onscreen an unreasonably long time. Next
>> time you try to start netscape 6, go make a sandwich and see if it's
>> running when you come back.
>>
>> Take care,
>> Darryl

>> "Only sweet-voiced birds are imprisoned. Owls are
>> not kept in cages." -- The Madonna Vampyra
>> The Drakhan's Lair: http://drakhan.com
>
>--
>"Tell me and I forget"
>"Show me and I remember"
>"Involve me and I learn"
>
>These are the ways to get a hold of us at Masotti Enterprises!
>
>http://www.MasottiLand.com
>MasottiLand Web and Internet Services!
>Masotti(at)MasottiLand.com
>
>Office (949) 766-0368
>Cell   (949) 246-6011
>FAX    (949) 459-7269

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html