RE: Netscape 6 -- slightly off topic

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:12:06 +0930
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Thanks Nigel...I'll head off and get it too :)

Kym

At 09:28 AM 04/10/2000 +0100, Nigel Peck wrote:
>Win32
>ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6_PR1/windows/win32/sea/Netscap
>eSetup.exe
>
>Linux
>ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6_PR1/unix/linux22/netscape-v60
>0pr1.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz
>
>Mac
>ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6_PR1/mac/macos8.5/
>
>(as one line, no spaces)
>
>HTH,
>Nige
>
>On 10 April 2000 08:24, Frank Masotti [SMTP:Masotti(at)MasottiLand.com] wrote:
>> Call me stupid, however I have been to the Netscape download sit and I can't
>> seem to find netscape 6 the latest version there is 4.72. So the question
>> is, where did you all get a hold of it?
>> Frank Masotti
>>
>> Darryl Riser wrote:
>>
>> > 23:29 9 Apr 00,

>> > How long did you wait? On my machine, you wait about 30 seconds after
>> > you decided Netscape 6 is hopelessly locked up on the splash screen
>> > and then the program begins. Granted I have a prejudice against NS,
>> > but this annoyed me so much I don't care what the rest of the program
>> > can do.
>> >
>> > <begin rant>
>> >
>> > It does seem to handle style sheets a little better but the e-mail
>> > and newsreader is still the worst on the market. And it appears from
>> > my brief testing you still have to used clunky coding to make tables
>> > and frames appear properly.
>> >
>> > Wonder who they'll sue when they find out only the 25% of pc users
>> > who are fantatical Bill Gates haters will use this piece of junk? I
>> > honestly wonder sometimes if the people who design Netscape have
>> > actually sat down and tried to use within the last few years. If they
>> > aren't careful WebTV and I-Opener are going to pass them.
>> >
>> > <end rant>
>> >
>> > Seriously, though, I honestly thought my pc had frozen waiting for
>> > the splash screen to go away but it turns out Netscape is apparenty
>> > designed to have it stay onscreen an unreasonably long time. Next
>> > time you try to start netscape 6, go make a sandwich and see if it's
>> > running when you come back.
>> >
>> > Take care,
>> > Darryl
>> >
>> > =================================================
>> > "Only sweet-voiced birds are imprisoned. Owls are
>> > not kept in cages." -- The Madonna Vampyra
>> > =================================================
>> > The Drakhan's Lair: http://drakhan.com
>>
>> --
>> "Tell me and I forget"
>> "Show me and I remember"
>> "Involve me and I learn"
>>
>> These are the ways to get a hold of us at Masotti Enterprises!
>>
>> http://www.MasottiLand.com
>> MasottiLand Web and Internet Services!
>> Masotti(at)MasottiLand.com
>>
>> Office (949) 766-0368
>> Cell   (949) 246-6011
>> FAX    (949) 459-7269

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html