RE: Nested tables and DW templates

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Apr 2000 01:56:53 +0930
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

<snip>
>I use nested tables all the time; I don't know if they're BAD or not, but
>they work.  Of course you need to bear in mind the idiosyncrasies between NN
>and IE regarding tables.
</snip>

If I'm working with tables, and that seems to be becoming a favorite
pastime lately, I check each step with both IE and Netscape as I go. That
way, if something is going to go awry, I see it immediately, rather than
having to hunt down a "culprit" when the page is finished.

But I am curious...I asked for comments on this before and nobody bit :)))))))

Just how much difference is there in download time between a page with
nested tables and a page with individual tables...I would have thought
there would be little difference but I could be wrong.

In terms of download time and other than the compatability issue between
Netscape and IE,  which is the safest or best way to go ?  Both ways seem
to work fine for me.

Kym

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html