Re: Nested tables and DW templates

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 01 May 2000 10:07:07 +0930
 To:  "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
janet(at)promotioncentral.com
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Sound advice Mike...

At 10:29 AM 05/01/2000 -0500, Mike Kear wrote:

>Janet, a variation to this if you're going to use nested tables is to make
>Border="1" for the first table, border="3" for the next, and border="5" for
>the next so you can see what belongs to what table.    The result looks
>horrible but he sure helps you find out what belongs to what.  Then go
>through and change all the borders to 0 and the tables do what the're
>supposed to.
>
>Another important trick with tables is to have a lot of discipline with how
>you actually write the code.  For example, never type <tr> without also
>typing </tr>, then use the arrows or mouse to go between the two row tags
>and never type <td> without also typing </td>.
>
>If you have a disciplined routine with indenting it's a lot easier too.
>Dreamweaver offers a splendid way to tidy all that up with the "Apply source
>formatting" command which ensures everything is perfectly laid out.
>
>Cheers,
>Mike Kear
>AFP Web Development
>Windsor, NSW, Australia
>http://www.afp.zip.com.au
>

>>From: Janet Childs <janet(at)promotioncentral.com>
>>To: Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>
>>CC: hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
>>Subject: Re: Nested tables and DW templates
>>Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:09:13 -0400
>>
>><quote>
>>I check each step with both IE and Netscape as I go. That
>>way, if something is going to go awry, I see it immediately, rather than
>>having to hunt down a "culprit" when the page is finished.
>></quote>
>>
>>Another handy trick to keep in mind is to set the border=1 as you build.
>>Then as you preview the page you can see the actual structure holding it
>>all together. Once you are finished just go back and reset to border=0.
>>It has been a major time saver and bug fixer over the years for me.
>>
>>--
>>Janet M. Childs
>>Marketing Director
>>Promotion Central Web Design Studio
>>
>>http://www.promotioncentral.com
>>mailto:janet(at)promotioncentral.com
>>phone: (540) 955-4242

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html