Re: AOLO user check

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sun, 21 May 2000 10:51:58 +0930
 To:  <martyh(at)cinci.rr.com>,
"Hwg-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Marty

Pass the duct tape!!! LOL

Don't start me on AOL. DO NOT install their software unless you have plenty
of time to spare and are so bored that you want to format your HD and start
from scratch.

I recently did some tech support for my ISP and was amazed at the number of
people that came in with their boxes for repair thanks to that poisonous
software. At $40 a pop to fix it, ISP is not unhappy...just sick of having
to fix them.

FWIW

Kym

At 11:10 PM 05/20/2000 , Martin T. Hugo wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I want to be able to check my sites for AOL users but I am not an AOL
>subscriber.  I have also heard that once you install an AOL browser it
>"takes over" all your Internet settings and it is virtually impossible to
>return your machine to it's former state (without reinstalling IE and NN).
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Marty

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html