Re: Netscape's Choking

by "Thomas R. Powell" <tompow(at)n2.net>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:41:20 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It crashes my NN4.7. Looks fine in IE5.0. I was able to view the page from
a stored copy on my HD, and NN did not crash. The text after "blah, blah,"
did not display in NN. Reading the source code, at this point, I see that
you SPAN a table, and start a rather deep nesting of SPAN tags. I would bet
that this area of the code is causing problems. You might want to review
Block-level and inline elements at,
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#h-7.5.3

good luck.

Tom