Re: Curious

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:13:44 +0930
 To:  avalon73(at)earthling.net
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Brian,

Yep...saw it, no problem.

As I said before, the underscores that I have a problem with are not in
filename.

e.g.  .http://www.mypictures.com/my_pictures/blah.gif  gets me an error 404
       .http://www.my_pictures.com/pictures/blah.gif  gets me an error 404
       .http://www.mypictures.com/pictures/my_blah.gif will work

I hesitate to post the URL in question, because it was obviously not
intended for the whole world to see, but once I just removed the underscore
from the hostname, it connected just fine.

All this is wonderful, except that, I'm sure the average surfer our there,
would just moved on. You'll never seen an underscore in a URL of mine.

Anyway...thanks for all the suggestions...I appreciate everyone's input.

Kym

At 03:37 AM 07/11/2000 , Brian Smith wrote:
>On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Kym Jones wrote:
>
>> Links with an underscore in the hostname also get me an error 404 and I
>> know that it's an illegal character, but what gets me is that other
>> people seem to be able to pull the page up with no problem.
>
>Maybe it's an issue with a web proxy running at your ISP or something?
>I have a couple PHP scripts that are on one website that I maintain that
>have underscores in the filenames, and I've had no one come up and say
>that they have had problems pulling up the scripts, and I haven't had any
>problems with it either.
>
>Try the following URL and see if it comes up correctly for you...
>
>	http://www.arthurian.nu/ncsingles/board_post.php3

>Brian Smith  //  avalon73(at)earthling.net  //  http://www.arthurian.nu/
>Software Developer  //  Gamer  //  Webmaster  //  System Administrator
>      -= We are dyslexic of Borg - Your ass will be laminated =-

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
*NEW*...Be sure to visit the "Samples Gallery"...*NEW*
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html