Re: Feedback on left right scrolling

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 02 Aug 2000 12:08:57 +0930
 To:  Michelle Brown <mab(at)OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Michelle,

Generally speaking, if there is a need to scroll left to right my immediate
reaction is, screwed up coding. It's just a plain ole nono.

However, that aside, a "horizontal" rather than "vertical" page is just
downright irritating. It's also a nono to have paragraphs of text the full
width of the screen because it's difficult to read great long lines of
text. If you look at any newspaper or magazine, the stories are broken into
columns presumably so that you can concentrate on the content without your
eyes losing track of where they are.

Unless you're a crab, I'd steer well clear of horizontal pages.

Just my 2 cents.

Kym

FoJo Media  -  for Creative Graphics & Web Design
Visit The Garden for FREE graphics
PhotoImpact Users - Get FREE objects in UFO format.
http://www.fojomedia.com