Re: Homesite (was RE: DreamWeaver 3.0 vs. DreamWeaver 4.0)

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:29:34 +1030
 To:  "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

<snip>
>Darrell,
>
>I had a similar problem with HomeSite running on Win98 and WinME... I
>upgraded to Win2KPro last fall, and since then, have not had the resource
>leaks problem with HomeSite (or Paint Shop Pro with huge files and multiple
>layers) anymore... You might want to consider that option...
>
>Kehvan

</snip>

This is an interesting thread.

I have ME on my beast too...it came already installed and since I networked
it to my old machine, I decided to put it on there as well.

I downloaded the trial version of InterDev and it takes a dog's age to load
and every now and then locks up. The same thing happens with Homesite and
Coffee Cup throws a complete hissyfit if I have all three open at
once...which is not often, but hey, I like messing with things and I do
tend to have a bunch of stuff open at the same time...plus I do a lot of
graphics intensive stuff. But you would think that a Pentium III 800, with
256meg RAM would handle things a little better.

To save myself getting hit over the head by the "post police"..let me *try*
to make this relevent to the list *grin*

I have just done a complete remake of my site...nice new domain name and
all that good stuff. In the past I have used Angelfire and
Geocities...(don't grimace like that please, it's most unattractive *g*)
and heck, I could edit stuff online until the cows come home and instantly
see the results. Now, with ME and new host, it *can* take up to 24 hours
for me to actually *see* the corrected stuff and it makes no difference how
much or how little editing has been done, whether it's done within my
hosting account, or whether I FTP a completely new file. ...and *yes* I've
done the cache emptying deal and double checked my refresh settings,
rebooted, both cold and warm, poked my tongue out and cussed at it...all to
no avail.

I have had others check it out and they can see the altered page...hmmmm.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is some caching bug in ME that's causing
the problem and I'm seriously considering going to Win2000.

It's all very weird and such a waste of time.

Kym