Re: Can text be justified in html ?

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:53:49 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes there are 2 ways of doing this.

One with the (shudder) paragraph tag:
ie <P ALIGN=justify>

I don't know how well this is supported with NN

and the other nicer way is with CSS:
P { text-align: justify }

then just use your <P> tag as you normally would, as well you can
also indent you paragraphs.

P { text-align: justify;
      text-indent: 4px }

This is how you justify anyway... unsure if this is what you mean by
justify left
and right, justify just means make the left and right sides of a paragraph
flush
all the way down the paragraph, so that you would end up with your text looking
like it forms a block.

so instead of getting this:

blah blah blah and blah
echo this dot com
etc more  boring stuff

you get:

blah blah blah and blah
echo  this  do t  c o m
etc  more  boring stuff

NOTE: you text would not end up with spacing like that, but it was the only
way to
do the example here =c)

At 07:33 pm 12/01/2000 -0500, Heather Peel wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>I've honestly never looked into doing this and don't recall ever seeing it
>done on a web site, but I have a customer who has asked to have the text on
>his pages justified both left and right.  Can this be done?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Heather

.oOo.