Re: Music Sampling

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:22:19 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes certainly have an MP3 clip as well as a RealAudio clip. I'll download a
MP3 way
before I'll touch the RealAudio one.

For converting WAV to MP3, I use AudioCatalyst from http://www.xingtech.com or
you could use AudioGrabber, you'll need to check
http://www.audiograbber.com but
I think that will take you to MP3.com so you may need to have a look in
their encoders
section.

Both have a trial expirey period. So you can test them both out. I prefer
AC because
it uses the Xing encoder which is the fastest out there to convert WAV to MP3.

At 09:51 AM 13/01/2000 -0500, Mike Taylor wrote:
>My recommendation would be to offer both an MP3 clip and a RealAudio clip.
>Real.com offers free software in their "developer" section to convert
>WAV/MP3 to .RM files.
>
><SNIP>
>
>  Mike Taylor
>lonewolf(at)one.net
>
>On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Steven Milne wrote:
> > Guys n Gals
> >
> > I have a client looking to sample some sounds for presentation on a
> > website - he's selling records and wants to create 15-20 second samples of
> > each to be played on his site
> >
> > We've addressed all copyright issues, and have yet to decide on formats
> > etc... Our main question concerns the hardware / software we'll require to
> > create the samples. Have any of you had experience of using coding software
> > / hardware. Any recommendations?
> >
> > tia
> >
> > Steven Milne

.oOo.