Re: images overlaying other content

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:39:51 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Either your eyes are playing tricks on you or your IE4 is screwing up.

Tried it with IE5.5 (beta) and the table just resized. Looked at the code
and that is exactly what the table should have done. There's no way the
image should have slid over top of the text in the table without it being in
a DIV tag. Same goes for the lower table.

Sorry no magic on this page.

At 05:35 PM 19/01/2000 -0500, Mike Kear wrote:
>This one has me stumped, and perhaps someone can tell me what I've missed ...
>
>ON this page at http://203.108.76.35/articles/a100241p1.htm  when you
>change the size of the screen using IE4, the thumbnail picture of the girl
>with the birthday cake slides over the top of the table, rather than
>causing it to move aside.
>
>Also, lower down in the page, the table with the header "Natural,
>artificial or nature-identical?" slides over the top of text instead of
>pushing it aside.
>
>I didn't know this was possible ... I thought perhaps we must have used
>layers here, but apparently not.  can anyone tell me what we've done here?

.oOo.