Re: Converting word 97 documents

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2000 17:18:20 +1100
 To:  Mike Kear <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 14:09 30/01/00 -0500, Mike Kear wrote:
>The word conversion resulted in a file of 154 lines, including a whole
>bunch of meta tags and useless configuration stuff.   DW3 converted it to
>a file of 23 lines which with 2 manual deletions I further reduced to 12 lines.

This, together with DW's better integration with the operating system (eg
double clicking on a .doc opens the file in Windows) are the two greatest
benefits of the upgrade to DW3.

(OK - you can include better support for that targety linky thing [very
technical term] if you want as the 3rd reason :)

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au

Count-down to "beach-time" : 3 sleeps